What is UCedge?
Toshiba’s UCedge™ client brings unified communications to Windows® PCs and Mac® OS X® computers and Android™ and iOS® smartphones and tablets. UCedge works on Toshiba’s VIPedge® and IPedge® phone systems, as well as Strata® CIX systems with an IPedge Application Server. And if your company is using a hybrid of Toshiba premise and cloud phone systems, UCedge is federated and sees them as one network. Features work the same across the company and on different device types. With client software you can download from the Internet, users gain new levels of convenience, productivity and cost savings, no matter how they access the Toshiba phone system—smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac. Your third-party device works as it always did. Whenever you need it, you can activate UCedge to tap into the power of the Toshiba office phone system and unified communications.
Benefits and Insights
Why use UCedge?
Key differentiators & advantages of UCedge
- Work from anywhere using personal or business mobile devices as a business phone extension.
- Use UCedge from up to three devices at the same time.
- Be easier to reach from one number—your office number—in or out of the office or out of the country.
- Protect mobile number privacy by displaying only the office phone number in caller ID.
- Manage office voice mails quickly and easily with a visual interface.
- Call thru the phone system, placing long distance and international calls to contacts from a cell phone at landline rates.
- Pair an iOS or Android device with your desk phone to conveniently initiate dialing via the mobile device.
- Stay in touch while traveling internationally.
- Connect via instant messaging (IM) with colleagues who are busy or on the phone.
- See the status of UCedge colleagues or Microsoft® Lync® Server users (via Federation) before calling them.
- View consolidated call and IM history in one place for all the devices on which you use UCedge.
- Rapidly find contacts in a list synchronized with the office phone system and user-provided avatars.