What is Fishbowl Inventory?
Industry Specialties: Serves manufacturing and inventory management operations
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Fishbowl Inventory
- Focus on More Important Issues: Fishbowl Inventory takes many time-consuming processes and automates them. This way, you can focus on problems that require a specialized human touch.
- Better Support: Fishbowl Inventory is very responsive when it comes to support and troubleshooting. With this tool, you can move past problems and technical issues quickly and get things moving faster.
- More Module Customization: Fishbowl Inventory allows users to choose which modules they need to optimize workflows. Get what you need without extra functions that only clutter up your operation.
- Improved Visibility: All of your important inventory and manufacturing management data is in one easy to access place, reducing unorganized documents and information.
- Accurate Purchase Orders: This solution streamlines matching purchase orders to original orders. Fishbowl Inventory helps keep you on top of the constant flow of product in and out of a warehouse.
- Increased Error Prevention: Automation of tedious and complicated tasks helps keep human error from throwing a wrench into the works. Fewer mistakes mean fewer wasted resources, and more time spent working on pressing issues.
Fishbowl Inventory is a widely adopted manufacturing and inventory management system. Some of its users include NASA, Mercedes Benz and the U.S. Army.
- Reporting Features: Fishbowl Inventory gathers the data created by processes such as delivery and ordering and converts it into an accessible format. This collected data can be studied to find trends and plan for the future of your operation.
- Shipping Support: This software suite allows you to print your own shipping labels. Mobile devices can be used to track products. Fishbowl Inventory also integrates with FedEx and UPS. The program will soon be the first software package to be certified UPS Ready.
- Inventory Management: Reordering can be automated along with streamline of pick, pack and shipping in order to optimize your supply chain. Inventory can be tracked with barcoding printing and scanning.
- Multi-Location Support: Get an overhead view of a multi-location operation with Fishbowl Inventory’s management tools. Monitor stock levels in multiple facilities, gain trend data across all operations and transfer products from one location to another to avoid shortages.
- Multiple Currencies: A new currency module allows operations that span the globe to convert currencies. This also enables the creation of purchase orders in the user’s currency of choice. Managers can set default currencies for vendors to keep things organized.
- Part Tracking Capabilities: This program allows you to know where the next part for your manufacturing operation is coming from. Set alerts for part replacement and track your ordered parts by location. Fishbowl Inventory also tracks parts and labor costs so you can keep track of preferred vendors.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Integration with a third-party application is required and does not include an eCommerce or native shipping module
- No on-premise installation
- Limited options for social media integration
- Only supports the English language
- Does not support voice-to-pick or pick-to-light
- Does not support collaborative inventory
Fishbowl Inventory Suite SupportFishbowl inventory has multiple avenues of support available and is well known for their responsiveness.
Cost of Ownership for Fishbowl Inventory
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||This cost depends on the amount and complexity of data being transferred. Gaps between the new and old systems are also considered.|
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Fishbowl Inventory