What is Rational Functional Tester?
IBM Rational Functional Tester is an automated functional testing and regression testing tool. This software provides automated testing capabilities for functional, regression, GUI, and data-driven testing. Rational Function Tester supports a range of applications, such as web-based, .Net, Java, Siebel, SAP, terminal emulator-based applications, PowerBuilder, Ajax, Adobe Flex, Dojo Toolkit, GEF, Adobe PDF documents, zSeries, iSeries, and pSeries.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Rational Functional Tester?
Key differentiators & advantages of Rational Functional Tester
- Storyboard testing: Simplifies test visualization and editing using natural language and rendered screenshots.
- Automated testing: Enables testers to automate tests resilient to frequent application user interface changes with ScriptAssure technology.
- Data-driven testing: Lets you perform the same series of test actions with a varying set of test data.
- Test scripting: Combines a recorder of user actions with multiple customization options and intelligent script maintenance capabilities.
- Integrations: Integrates with IBM Rational Team Concert and IBM Rational Quality Manager to provide access to work items and logical or compound SCM test asset support.
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Rational Functional Tester