What is Smartsheet?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Smartsheet
- View Data Multiple Ways: Keep track of project details in the way that works best for you. Choose from the Gantt, card, grid and calendar views to sort and organize information in a single location.
- Manage Resources: Managers can view resource assignments at either a broad or granular level. Resolving over-allocations is a simple matter of changing due dates or dependencies, reassigning tasks, or shifting the allocation percentage. Views can be customized based on team or project and shared directly or exported to Excel.
- Customize the Branding: Your company has the option to change account settings so the system interface aligns with your branding. Alter elements such as color scheme and logo.
- Collect Information Using Forms: The software provides the ability to create and customize forms. This allows you to capture internal or external data (e.g., customer feedback) and incorporate it into the project.
- Take Projects Mobile: The Smartsheet mobile app for iOS and Android gives everyone on your team real-time access to your projects. Update information, respond to requests and more, anywhere and anytime.
- Monitor Activity: Track changes to any project sheet by turning on the Highlight Changes tool. The two ways to view changes are via cell history and activity log. You can view the activity log history to see edits over time.
- Track the Critical Path: Smartsheet enables teams to manage complex projects that involve dozens of tasks and dependencies. It makes the process easy by letting you highlight the key tasks that are involved in a project. Any changes to the schedule are updated in real time.
- Easily Filter Data: This capability lets you choose which information to show and hide. Set conditions such as due dates to set up customized views. Filters can also show which items are part of the critical path, which rows have attachments or comments, and which rows are locked.
Smartsheet has customers located in over 190 countries. Used in every major industry, Smartsheet serves over 78,000 organizations and millions of individuals. Its client base includes more than 75% of Fortune 500 companies and over 90% of Fortune 100 companies.
- Dashboards: This feature provides widget-based views that are configurable, pushing important data to the user. Dashboards update in real time and allow you to track spending, perform business health checks and view progress.
- Automations: Your team can simplify and streamline workflows with automation options. Use rules to create automated requests, approvals, notifications and alerts. The system is easy to configure and doesn’t require programming knowledge or IT expertise.
- Reports: Smartsheet reports consolidate data from multiple sheets into a summarized view, and the bi-directional nature causes changes made in a report to appear in the sheets. An intuitive report builder guides you through compiling the reports and gives you full control to configure the data parameters.
- Pre-Built Integrations: Drive enhanced productivity by connecting Smartsheet to your team’s favorite apps. Integrated tools include Office 365, Dropbox, DocuSign and G Suite.
- Control Center: Offered as a premium add-on for the Business and Enterprise plans, this feature delivers portfolio tools. Connection to third-party BI apps enables performance analysis and the dashboards automatically include data from new projects. Users also have the ability to enact changes across a portfolio at once.
- Portals: Smartsheet gives teams a single, comprehensive view of the project information that matters. The drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to customize which widgets appear in the portal, such as images or metrics. Real-time, mobile access gives your team flexibility and agility.