Get fast answers to even the most complex questions using data of any size – including big data in Hadoop. Guided exploration with self-service BI makes it easy. In-memory processing makes this business intelligence software fast. Advanced data visualization tools make the results of BI applications clear.
As for scalability, SAS Visual Analytics offers a level of versatility that means better visual results, and better decision making. The build of the software makes it easier to do data mining across an architecture, bring details together, and effectively help intelligence analysts to present transparent ideas with tailored business intelligence dashboards. And the price of this capable BI software makes it within your reach.
Cost Structure for SAS Visual Analytics:
- Price is based on server capacity and user capacity and includes license and hosting infrastructure cost
- 150, 300, 600 GB storage is provided by the SaaS Now environment. The price of additional storage is $0.50 per GB per month
- On-Premise: An additional cost over and above the upfront cost has to be paid for ongoing support and maintenance
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Upgrades and add-ons are managed directly in the cloud at no extra cost
- On-Premise: Typically charged over and above the license cost
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Included in the subscription cost
||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, dashboard and operational reporting needs, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc.
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost
||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.
||Provides free E- Learning and Online demos
- On-Premise: Includes cost for updates, maintenance, upgrades, and patches
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Renewal cost is equivalent to the fees paid monthly or annually
|SAS Visual Analytics VA4
- 4 cores
- 61 GB RAM
- 150 GB Storage
- 1-2 heavy users
- 5 report users
- 25 report readers
$1,365 per month for mentioned user capacity
- License: $585
- Infrastructure: $780
|SAS Visual Analytics VA8
- 8 cores
- 122 GB RAM
- 300 GB Storage
- 2-3 heavy users
- 10 report users
- 50 report readers
$3,395 per month for mentioned user capacity
- License: $1755
- Infrastructure: $1640
|SAS Visual Analytics VA16
- 16 cores
- 244 GB RAM
- 600 GB Storage
- 3-5 heavy users
- 20 report users
- 100 report readers
$6,695 per month for mentioned user capacity
- License: $ 3500
- Infrastructure: $3195
|SAS Visual Analytics Private
- Server Capacity: On demand
- User Capacity: Custom made
|Starts at $1,985 per annum excluding license fee
||What options are available for product deployment?
||What is the pricing model?
||Subscription and Licensing Models
||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?
||Typically, a minimum commitment of 1-3 years is required for license based solutions
||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?
||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?
||Available (for 14 days)
Some of the product limitations include:
- According to Gartner, SAS Visual Analytics is one of the most difficult solutions to implement
- Lacks efficiency in data preparation and data management
- Requires manual work in forecasting
- Content creation is very difficult and time consuming in SAS Visual Analytics
- UI is not user-friendly and offers limited customization for plotting graphs
Microsoft Power BI: Starting at $9.99 per user per month
QlikView: Starting at $1,350 per user
Tableau Server: Starting at $35 per user per month