Empower your people with 24/7, user-friendly access to the business intelligence (BI) and Big Data mining tools they need to make faster, more informed decisions. Use capable, comprehensive business intelligence solutions to drive decision making, aggregate big data assets, and grow a business soundly based on BI applications and systems that will assist with the sophisticated data mining and business analytics that make companies great in the new “age of data.”
Our self-serve business intelligence software and solutions – including ad hoc reporting, self-service data visualization and business intelligence dashboards, predictive analytics, mobile apps, and more – can help business users improve performance and become more effective in everything they do. From data warehousing to physical business processes, having good business intelligence and analytics tools can make all the difference in how a leadership team delivers value for a growing company. Get teams of intelligence analysts to work on self-serve BI tools and see how the results foster agile responses in competitive industries.
Cost Structure for SAP BusinessObjects:
- On-Premise: Pricing is dependent on the size of business and the specific tools/CPU/roles required. There is also option of Named User Licenses (a non-shareable license for a single person that provides guaranteed access to the software) and Concurrent User Licenses (a single logon to the BI Platform by anyone. Logons using the concurrent session metric are limited by availability of a free session in the session pool). The Named User license provides access to all desktop software. The Concurrent User Licenses are not supported for most desktop software, with the exception of SAP BusinessObjects Analysis edition for Office.
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Depends on the number of users
- On-Premise: Support licenses are charges over and above the license cost
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Included in license/subscription cost
- On-Premise: Included in the license cost
- Cloud-based/SaaS: No installation cost
||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, etc
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost
||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system
- On-premise: Dependent on the type of training opted by an Organization, whether it is end-user training or group/department training or video/self-training or training the trainer.
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Included in the subscription cost
- On-Premise: Will depend on the type of license purchased – named user or concurrent user, Enterprise or Small Business
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Renewal cost is equivalent to the fees paid monthly or annually, based on number of users
|BusinessObjects Enterprise Premium – License (For large enterprises)
- Dashboard layout capabilities
- Interactive visual analytics including the added ease of displaying BusinessObjects
- Web Intelligence
- Crystal reports
- BusinessObjects Xcelsius
- Enterprise visualizations through a dashboard view
- Full content creation and developer interfaces for reporting, and query and analysis (using Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, BusinessObjects Voyager, and BusinessObjects Desktop Intelligence)
|Starts from $55,000 per annum
|BusinessObjects BI, Edge edition – License (For medium sized business)
- 5 concurrent sessions
- Comprehensive business intelligence (BI), information management, and performance management
|Starts from $14,000 per annum for minimum 10 named users
|SAP Analytics Cloud*: Business Plan
- Business Intelligence functionality only
- Up to 20 users ($21 per user/month)
- Basic data source connections (excel, csv, and Google Sheets)
- Enterprise-level data source connections (SAP HANA, SQL, OData Services, and more)
- 1 on 1 training with a product coach
- Team collaboration features
- 24/7 SAP Support
- $21 per month per user for minimum 20 users
- Billed quarterly or annually
|SAP Analytics Cloud*: Enterprise Plan
- All Business plan features
- Unlimited users
- Optional upgrade for planning and predictive analytics
- Personal customer success manager
|Pricing available on request only
||What options are available for product deployment?
||What is the pricing model?
||Subscription and Licensing Models
||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?
- On-premise: Minimum 10 users and yearly commitment
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Minimum 20 users and quarterly payment
||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?
||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?
||Available (for 30 days)
*SAP BusinessObjects Cloud is now SAP Analytics Cloud
Some of the product limitations include:
- Requires large amount of hardware resources
- Recovery is not easy in case of failure
- Less flexible with new format of MS Office
- Requires a lot of internal IT support and maintenance
- Not flexible with data input methods or formats
- Limited data visualization capabilities
SAS Visual Analytics: $1,365 per month for mentioned user capacity
Microsoft Power BI: Starting at $9.99 per user per month
Dundas: Starting at $6 per month per user