Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) - Knowing more about your business—and knowing it faster than others—is the best way to power innovation and gain an edge on your competition. As the #1 vendor in business analytics with the industry’s most complete and integrated range of enterprise-class self-serve business intelligence solutions, Oracle leads the way in helping organizations gain more insight with business intelligence dashboards, port important data from business intelligence tools, and drive better decision making and outcomes in every aspect of their business.
Cost Structure for Oracle BI:
- On-premise: Based on the number of named users and the type of license (term or perpetual)
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Includes per user cost and Oracle managed services
||Includes software update license and support cost which is charged over and above the license cost
- On-Premise: Typically charged over and above the license cost
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Included in the subscription cost
||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, dashboard and operational reporting needs, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc.
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost
||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system
||Dependent on the type of training opted by an Organization, on an average it is $3000/day for up to 20 students
- On-Premise: For perpetual licenses, the renewal costs include software update license and support cost. For term licenses, 1 year - 20% of the list price; 2 years - 35% of the list price, 3 years - 50% of the list price, 4 years - 60% of the list price and 5 years - 70% of the list price. The list price for a term license is based on a specific percentage of the perpetual license price. Annual term licenses are available from 1 to 5 years. Support for all term licenses is 22% of net perpetual fee.
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Renewal cost is equivalent to the fees paid monthly or annually, based on the number of users
|Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition
- Interactive dashboards and visualizations
- Proactive intelligence and alerts
- Enterprise reporting and publishing
- Ad hoc analysis and dashboard construction
- Action Framework, to initiate business processes in context of insights
- $350 per named user
- $77 for software update license and support
- Interactive Dashboards: $580 per named user
- Delivers: $350 per named user
- Answers: $580 per named user
|Business Intelligence Suite Extended Edition
||Siebel Systems business intelligence and Hyperion Solutions business intelligence offerings
- $2,000 per named user
- $440 for software update license and support
|Business Intelligence Foundation Suite Edition
||Comprehensive capabilities for business intelligence, including enterprise reporting, dashboards, ad-hoc analysis, multi-dimensional OLAP, scorecards, and predictive analytics on an integrated platform
- $3,675 per named user
- $808.50 for software update license and support
|Business Intelligence Standard Edition One
||Comprehensive business intelligence functionality - interactive dashboards; highly formatted reports, self-service ad hoc analysis, data integration, and server administration - all delivered on one common, modern Web architecture
- $1,200 perpetual license per user for minimum 5 users
- $264 for software update license and support for the 1st year
|Business Intelligence Cloud Service
- Visual self-service discovery
- Multiple data loading options, including self-service
- Dynamic dashboards and interactive reporting
- Leverage on-premises data models
- Powerful analysis
- Automatic mobile
- Oracle managed service
- 2 instances
|$150 per month per named user for minimum 10 users
||What options are available for product deployment?
||What is the pricing model?
||Subscription and Licensing Models
||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?
||Minimum 10 users and annual contract term
||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?
||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?
||Available (for 30 days for Business Intelligence Cloud Service)
Some of the product limitations include:
- Oracle BI requires intensive metadata modeling, and therefore not user friendly
- The solution does not provide an automated data dictionary to store volumes of data
- Not well suited for running complex queries such as unions, etc.
- Does not provide an intuitive UI for easy navigation
- Requires extensive support by internal IT teams for installation, support and maintenance
SAP BusinessObjects: Starting at$21 per month per user
Tableau Server: Starting at $35 per user per month
Microsoft Power BI: Starting at $9.99 per user per month