MicroStrategy helps business people make faster, better business decisions, empowering them with self-service tools to explore data and share insights in minutes. Simple drag-and-drop tools are paired with intuitive visualizations. Quick connections to any data source are combined with one-click sharing of any insight. And underlying it all is the security and governance of an enterprise-caliber BI solution.
Cost Structure for MicroStrategy Enterprise Analytics:
- On-Premise: It includes an upfront fee of the server software installation.
- Cloud-based: User-based pricing for web-based and mobile-based platform
- On-Premise: An additional cost over and above the upfront cost has to be paid for ongoing support and maintenance
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Upgrades and add-ons are managed directly in the cloud at no extra cost
- On-Premise: Included in the upfront license cost
- Cloud-based: Included in the subscription cost
Dependent on functional requirements and specific needs of the organization. Quotation is dependent on level of customization required|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost
||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.
- Online training and video tutorials are available free of cost.
- Enterprise can choose from in-center training, live online lectures, on-demand learning, and private on-site engagements to meet their training requirements. Each day of training costs $700 and most courses are two days in length.
- On-Premise: Includes cost for updates, maintenance, upgrades, and patches
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Renewal cost is equivalent to the fees paid monthly or annually
||What is the cost of the software?
- Web-based: $600 per named user per annum or $300k per CPU core
- Mobile-based: $600 per named user per annum or $300k per CPU core
- Server: $1200 per named user or $600k per CPU core
- On-premise (Architecture) License: $5000 per named user per annum
||What options are available for product deployment?
- On-premise (Architecture based)
||What is the pricing model?
- Licensing Model
- Subscription based
- Architecture based
||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?
Minimum annual commitment is required for purchase
||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?
||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?
Some of the product limitations include:
- Does not apply machine learning techniques
- Does not support portal integration
- Is not able to point out issues in data
- Costly training modules
- High licensing fee in case of on-premise solution
Domo: Starting at $2,100 per user per annum
Microsoft Power BI: Starting at $9.99 per user per month
Oracle BI: Starting with $150 per user per month