Microsoft Dynamics AX is an ERP solution for multi-site, international enterprises. With comprehensive capabilities for financial, human resources, and operations management, in addition to industry capabilities for retailers, manufacturers, service industries, and public sector organizations, it provides the agility you need to expand business opportunities, modify processes, and differentiate your business.
Typical pricing/cost structure for Microsoft Dynamics AX:
||Includes subscription license (SL) for every internal user who accesses the AX service, which ranges from User SLs (mix and match between self-service, task, and enterprise) and a Device SL, where one can buy a license for a device used by multiple individuals
- Basic technical break/fix support is included for purchase through Volume Licensing
- Customers purchasing direct from a CSP (cloud solution provider) will be provided support directly through the partner
- Additional support can be purchased or provided by the Dynamics Partner
- On-premises solution: Server installation + local installation
- Cloud-based solution: None
||One development/TEST instance is provided for the life of the customer, one Standard Acceptance Testing Instance for the first three months in the subscription cost
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost
||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, complexity of the data fields, level of automation and data migration tools to be utilized for transfer of data from the old to the new software
||Will depend on the number of training hours and the type of training (online, on-site or any other)
||Annual recurring fees to be paid over and above the upfront cost for annual renewal, upgrades and on-going support
||Includes Production instance, Azure infrastructure, 10GB storage, one development/TEST instance provided for the life of the customer, one Standard Acceptance Testing Instance for the first three months, disaster recovery, Integrated Power BI and Cortana Analytics
- Enterprise User: $185 per user/month
- Task User: $30 per user/month
- Self-Service User: $8 per user/month
||What options are available for product deployment?
||Cloud-based/SaaS and On-Premise
||What is the pricing model?
||Subscription-based and Licensing
||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?
||Minimum 20 users for Enterprise user license
||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?
||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?
Some of the product limitations include:
- Ecommerce and shipping are not integrated in the primary application
- UI is not user-friendly
- Allows vendor to manage inventory level only through a third party app
- User interface is relatively less user friendly compared to other similar solutions
- Does not integrate with social platforms - Microsoft is extremely behind in recognizing and delivering Enterprise 2.0 and social business solutions
SAP Business One Inventory Management
Oracle + NetSuite Inventory Management