Power BI transforms your company's business intelligence data into rich visuals for you to collect and organize, so you can focus on what matters to you. Stay in the know, spot trends as they happen, and push your business further.
Use the power of visualized data, with capable and sophisticated business intelligence dashboards featuring user controls that help with ad-hoc analytics or BI on the fly. Custom BI applications help intelligence analysts collect insights “at the speed of search” and promote changes to business processes, or other decision making that will add value to an enterprise.
Power BI is designed to offer up business intelligence solutions through a channel-based approach: breaking down silos, opening up communications, and presenting self-service Bi data in a transparent way. Learn how one of the leading sets of business intelligence tools helps companies to “compute into the future.”
Cost Structure for Power BI:
||Based on number of users for Power BI Pro and Capacity-based pricing for Power BI Premium (refer pricing section for more details)
||Included in the subscription cost
||Included in the subscription cost. Additional charges may apply for data migration during implementation, maintaining on-premise data sources and building dashboards and reports
||Dependent on functional requirements and specific needs of the organization
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost
||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.
- Dependent on the type of training opted by an Organization, whether it is end-user training or group/department training or video/self-training or training the trainer.
- Self-guided trainings are available free of cost whereas self-paced and online classroom training can be charged between $175 to $300 for a Power BI course
||Renewal cost is equivalent to the fees paid monthly or annually
|Power BI Desktop Author
- Connect to hundreds of data sources
- Clean and prepare data using visual tools
- Analyze and build stunning reports with custom visualizations
- Publish to the Power BI service
- Embed in public websites
|Power BI Pro Share and Collaborate
- Build dashboards that deliver a 360-degree, real-time view of the business
- Keep data up-to-date automatically, including on-premises sources
- Collaborate on shared data
- Audit and govern how data is accessed and used
- Package content and distribute to users with apps
|$9.99 per month per user
|Power BI Premium For large deployments
- Gain dedicated capacity you allocate, scale, and control
- Distribute and embed content without purchasing per-user licenses
- Publish reports on-premises with Power BI Report Server
- Unlock more capacity and higher limits for your Pro users
- $4,995 per node per month
- Approx. $24,975 per month for 5000 users with 3 nodes (Power BI Premium cost will be $14,895 + $9,900 for 100 BI pro users)
- Power BI pro licenses need to be purchased for Power BI premium subscription for content authoring
||What options are available for product deployment?
||Cloud - based/SaaS
||What is the pricing model?
||Subscription and Capacity-based
||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?
||Minimum annual commitment is required for purchase
||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?
||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?
Some of the product limitations include:
- No integration available for services like Vend POS, Shopify directly
- Graphical visualization is fairly limited as compared to other BI tools
- Does not support SQL queries
- Comparatively difficult to work with huge data sets on Power BI
- Does not let users build scheduled reports, personalized user views, personalized notifications, personalized security views, or customizable reports
Tableau Server: Starting at $35 per user per month
QlikView: Starting at $1,350 per user
Oracle BI: Starting at $150 per user per month
If You’re Not Sure About Power BI
Tableau is a powerful data visualization tool. It provides fast data analysis and data refreshing functions and, like Qlik Sense, is intuitive to use but doesn’t support scripts. Tableau is offered in Desktop
, Big Data Analysis
Like Tableau, Qlik
offers three different products: Qlikview, Qlik Sense and Qlik Sense Cloud. Each product has different versions with different capabilities, including free versions for each product. A data visualization tool, Qlik is one of the largest BI vendors that makes data analysis easy for most businesses.
Along with data visualization, Sisense
allows users to combine data from multiple sources. This function helps gather the most accurate insights possible, since all of your data can be analyzed together. Sisense is tailored for mid- to large-sized businesses.