To maximize supply chain performance, companies are faced with the challenge of maintaining a profitable balance among speed, service levels, and the risk and cost of inventory deployment. JDA’s inventory management solution (JDA Inventory Optimization) provides companies with end-to-end capabilities for managing inventory strategy, planning and execution, enabling them to achieve superior service levels, gain market share and reduce costs.
Typical pricing/cost structure for JDA Inventory Optimization:
- On-Premise: License fee includes an upfront fee to own the software and other IP for a fixed term, along with installation, customization and integration costs
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Pricing includes upfront cost for customization & integration along with monthly per user or subscription cost
||Included in license/subscription cost
- On-Premise: Included in the upfront license cost
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Included in the upfront cost
||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, dashboard and operational reporting needs, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc.
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost
||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system. Migrating the data from excel spreadsheets might shoot up both time and cost.
||Dependent on the type of training opted by an Organization, whether it is end-user training or group/department training or video/self-training or training the trainer. Costs will typically increase as one moves from video/self-training towards end-user training
- On-Premise: Includes cost for updates, maintenance, upgrades, and patches
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Recurring cost is high as customers need to pay for monthly subscription fee along with support services (if required)
||What is the cost of the software?
||Solutions are available on both standalone and bundled basis and prices are available on request only
||What options are available for product deployment?
||What is the pricing model?
- Licensing model
||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?
||Typically, on-premise model comes with a commitment of 1-3 years, whereas SaaS based subscription does not require a minimum commitment
||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?
||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?
Some of the product limitations include:
- Does not provide responsive and user friendly UI
- Does not create a digital audit trail of material and product movement
- Does not support kitting and bundling functionality
- Does not support order management functionality. It only helps tracking, editing and fetching customers’ orders
- Lacks sensitivity analysis capability for assessing raw material supply lead times
- Provides a complex process of generating reports
- Product is too overloaded with content and features which is not required by all users