IBM® Cognos Analytics offers smarter, self-service BI capabilities, so you can quickly and confidently identify and act on insight. The engaging experience empowers business users to create and/or personalize business intelligence dashboards and reports on their own - while providing IT with a proven and scalable set of BI solutions that is available on premises or on the cloud.
In addition to customer relationship management tools and other specialized setups, having a comprehensive set of business intelligence solutions is important. Cognos Analytics drives informed decision making with self-service BI that works for a set of internal users. Let intelligence analysts get access to digestible reports in versatile formats. BI applications drive data through pipelines to get it in front of the right sets of eyes: break down silos and get actionable business intelligence and analytics insights from a top maker of enterprise software. Look at the range of BI tools available with Cognos to promote online analytical processing and much more.
Cost Structure for IBM Cognos BI:
Dependent on the type of license – workgroup, standard or enterprise (refer pricing section for more details)
- Subscription & Support costs are based on a percentage of the license cost (25% of initial license cost)
- Software Accelerated Value Programs are an incremental charge calculated on a per-case basis, dependent on the specific service that the customer requires. Customers can't purchase Software Accelerated Value Programs without paying standard Subscription & Support cost
||Included in license/subscription cost
||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc.
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost
||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.
- Self-service support is available online
- Native language support consists of live support and unlimited access for all certified IT technical staff within an organization
||Renewal fee includes license cost and maintenance fee for the new or next year
||What is the cost of the software?
- Workgroup License: $75 per user per month with a minimum subscription of 50 users
- Standard license: $95 per user per month with a minimum subscription of 100 users
- Enterprise license: $125 per user per month with a minimum subscription of 150 users
||What options are available for product deployment?
||What is the pricing model?
||Subscription and Licensing Models
||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?
- Workgroup License: Minimum subscription of 50 users and a minimum term of six months. It is renewed semi-annually with monthly billing.
- Standard license: Minimum subscription of 100 users and a minimum one-year term. It is billed monthly and renewed annually.
- Enterprise license: Minimum subscription of 150 users and a minimum one-year term. It is billed monthly and renewed annually.
||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?
||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?
|| Available (for 30 days for Windows OS)
Some of the product limitations include:
- Lacks features such as budgeting and forecasting, profit analysis, strategic planning
- Data reports take much long to compile
- Expensive for start-ups and small organizations
- Does not support offline mode as it is entirely a web based system
- Difficult to deploy, set-up and maintain
Tableau Server: Starting at $35 per user per month
QlikView: Starting at $1,350 per user
SAP Business Objects: Starting with $21 per month per user