The BOM software system from MasterControl controls all BOM iterations generated during the design process and enables users to exchange BOM data with suppliers. All departments get an updated, accurate view of revision levels of every component in their particular configurations. Documents defining components are easily viewed from the BOM, insuring that the right documents and revisions are used in manufacturing.
- Revision Control: Each BOM is stored on a separate MasterControl InfoCard, allowing multiple revisions to be approved and used for reference. BOMs can be sent on collaboration routes from the BOM management software, allowing users to redline and propose changes without affecting the approved version.
- Familiar Structure: MasterControl's bill of materials system provides a configurable yet consistent approach to creating, viewing and handling BOMs. Users already accustomed to working with BOMs will be able to effortlessly organize product data using a familiar tool. Any BOM may also be copied by MasterControl to be used as the basis for new BOMs.
- Auto-update: BOM systems by MasterControl automatically update with new revisions of component InfoCards, creating a new instance of the BOM in the process.
- In Sync: MasterControl keeps engineering BOM data synchronized with manufacturing BOMs by enabling integration with ERP systems and providing BOM control. Different teams or departments can all have access to BOMs throughout the design process.
- Establish Connections and Track Changes: The 'where-used' feature displays exactly where a part is used across multiple BOMs, permitting users to determine the impact of a single part change and updating subsequent changes where needed. Assembly or sub-assembly InfoCards can be readily located in the MasterControl's bill of materials system so users are aware of parts under construction and sub-assemblies to which particular components belong.
- Bulk Replace: A single part used in many locations can be replaced simultaneously by using MasterControl's BOM software to select assemblies to be updated, components to be substituted or components that require new revisions.
- PDM Connector: BOMs can be created or edited manually or through PDM interfaces like MasterControl's PDM connectors. MasterControl can take a BOM from a PDM solution and keep all the hierarchal relationships intact.