What is OnPay Payroll?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
OnPay Payroll is designed to address core payroll needs for small businesses and handles basic HR functions as well. The system integrates with a variety of other HR systems to enhance HR processes. This includes time tracking, accounting, benefits and compliance software integrations.
The system requires no more than a few minutes to set up and features an easy-to-use interface. OnPay also offers assistance with data migration to new users, making the transition to OnPay even easier.
Benefits and Insights
Why use OnPay Payroll?
Key differentiators & advantages of OnPay Payroll
- Automation: This system can automatically calculate both state and federal payroll taxes and withholdings. The system can also file tax forms and make tax payments.
- Accuracy: OnPay guarantees tax filing accuracy, and pledges to cover any fees that result from an error in tax calculation or filing.
- Saves Time: By integrating with other software and offering employee self-service functions, OnPay saves businesses time by eliminating the need for time consuming tasks like data entry.
OnPay serves small businesses across all 50 states, processing more than $2 billion in payroll annually.
- Employee Management: OnPay provides employee self-service, allowing employees to enter personal details, make changes and access their pay stubs and tax forms.
- Multiple Pay Rates: OnPay supports direct deposit, check and debit card payments. The system also allows users to pay different types of employees, including salaried employees, hourly workers and contractors.
- Tax Filing: The solution can process tax filings, including special tax filings for clergy and nonprofits. OnPay assists users with taxes by calculating, paying and filing tax forms automatically.
- Customizable Pay: Businesses can schedule pay runs to match their business functions, make corrections and even cancel pay runs if necessary.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Does not support attendance management
- The solution does not provide multi-country payroll processing
- Lacks compensation management functionality
- The solution does not provide a smartphone app
- Direct deposity functionality is not available to all employers
OnPay Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Clients can receive support through an online chat, accessed directly through OnPay’s website.
phonePhone: Phone support is available to all users and can be accessed from 9 AM to 8 PM ET, Monday through Friday.
schoolTraining: OnPay’s Knowledge Center provides users with detailed articles on a variety of topics, including how to begin services, specific tax information for each state and much more.
local_offerTickets: Support requests can be submitted directly through OnPay’s Knowledge Center.
Cost of Ownership
Cost Structure for OnPay:
|License/Subscription Cost||OnPay’s pricing is subscription-based model, based on the number of active employees. The subscription includes payroll features, employee management, benefits, integrations and unlimited pay runs.|
|Maintenance Cost||Maintenance costs are included in the subscription cost.|
|Installation/Implementation Cost||This cost is included in the subscription cost|
|Customization Cost||Limited customization options are offered, and the cost of customization varies depending on the functional requirements.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||The pricing is dependant on the current software, amount of data to be migrated and the complexity of the data fields.|
|Training Cost||OnPay provides free tutorials on employee maintenance, payroll settings and system integrations|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||This cost is equivalent to the recurring subscription fee.|