What is XAP Elastic Caching Edition?
GigaSpaces XAP Elastic Caching Edition delivers an in-memory data grid (IMDG) for fast data access, extreme performance, and scalability. XAP eliminates database bottlenecks and guarantees consistency, transactional security, reliability, and high availability of your data.GigaSpaces In Memory data grid is much more than a memory based caching solution, it is a scalable enterprise grade system of record that supports complex data models and provides extensive set of features for queries, data manipulation and data store management. XAP Elastic Caching Edition is compatible with Database Data access APIs such as SQL, JDBC and JPA
Benefits and Insights
Why use XAP Elastic Caching Edition?
Key differentiators & advantages of XAP Elastic Caching Edition
- The IMDG provides an ultra-fast client-side local cache, optimized synchronous and asynchronous replication, batch operations, and data indexing to deliver unmatched performance.
- Smart load balancing and elastic provisioning enable scaling to meet fluctuating loads—battle-proven in the world's fastest and most demanding transactional applications.
- Indexing improves query execution performance. The IMDG maintains additional data in-memory for indexed properties, which shortens the time required to determine a match, thereby improving data retrieval performance.
- Maintain data integrity with 100% transactional data handling. Field-proven, reliable and high performance replication mechanism replicates data between peer nodes in the data grid.- With the industry’s leading transactional engine, sub-second hot failover, self-healing & disaster recovery capabilities, XAP has no single point of failure, reducing unplanned downtime to virtually zero. There's always at least 1 in-memory backup copy of your data, along with the additional DB backup- Native support of popular languages (Java,.Net, C++), APIs (Object/SQL, Map/JCache, JMS, JDBC, JPA and more), and frameworks (Spring, JEE) enables smooth integration with existing environments & skill sets, essentially eliminating vendor lock-in.
- XAP provides a comprehensive cluster-wide monitoring and manangement UI, as well as an administration API that provides programmatic control over every element of in-Memory Data Grid.