What is WebSphere eXtreme Scale?
WebSphere® eXtreme Scale provides distributed object caching essential for elastic scalability and next-generation cloud environments. It helps applications process massive volumes of transactions with extreme efficiency and linear scalability.
Benefits and Insights
Why use WebSphere eXtreme Scale?
Key differentiators & advantages of WebSphere eXtreme Scale
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale V8.6 enables Java and .NET applications to interact natively with the same data in the same data grid, resulting in a true enterprise-wide data grid.
- Fast application performance: Use as a powerful distributed cache to speed application access to data
- .Enhanced foundational capabilities: Smaller footprint of data in the grid, reduction in grid infrastructure overhead, and better performance.
- Improved monitoring and reporting from previous versions: Provide enhanced real-time views into the grid to understand application behavior.
- Replace expensive disk operations with replicated memory operations for lower costs, easier scaling and higher performance.
- Linear scalability: Scale out without limitations with minimal invasive changes.
- Broadened market applicability: Support for multiple types of replication scenarios and different approaches/technologies to access data in the grid.
- Automatic replication of data for high availability and fault tolerance: Lower the risks of data loss and limit after-hours recovery and reconciliation efforts.
- Automatic data placement: Automatically place data and its replicas according to user preference to increase overall availability.
- Flexible definition of data location: Optimize use of server resources.
- Support for non-Java client access: REST APIs for C/C++ and .NET client support via ADO.Net Data Services V1 specification.
- New Data Serializer plug-in interfaces that allow storage of arbitrary data in the grid in a user-defined, serialized format.
- Easily integrates with WebSphere software such as WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere DataPower XI52, WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus and IBM Worklight.
- Built-in event and grid notification system and receive notifications about data being inserted or updated on the grid.
- Can serve as a dynamic cache replacement with WebSphere Portal making content available in a centralized location.
- Supports integration with WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere DataPower XI52 and IBM Worklight.