NetworkActiv Web Server (NAWS) was designed from scratch with the intent of being the very easiest Web server software available and is not based on any previously existing web servers or programs, while still providing the necessary advanced features. With an intuitive and to-the-point graphical user interface, NAWS can be set up in a matter of minutes, even by the inexperienced user. NAWS includes support for the industry standard features, such as CGI, PHP, and Perl, as well as support for serving byte ranges, which allows for real-time positioning of audio files that are being streamed. See below for a list of additional features provided by NAWS.
- Quick and easy to use Alias system to share your content containing folders, such as your pictures and your music.
- User-friendly, sortable, colour configurable file listings, so your visitors can see what files you are sharing.
- Direct Web browser based upload support, so your visitors can send you files directly through your Web site.
- Supports download resume and byte-ranges (useful when streaming MP3s).CGI support, including PHP and Perl support, so that you can set-up a forum or add other useful things to your Web site.
- Supports special CGI based tricks (for advanced users)...
- Comprehensive visitor statistics is collected and can be viewed in your Web browser.
- Native support for hosting mulitple domain names is built in for free (unlike with the leading competitor).
- You can restrict access to the server by only allowing certain IP addresses, and/or by requiring that the visitors enter a password to get in. (uses digest authentication to help protect your password)
- You can run the program without installing (good for those times while using a friend's or co-worker's computer).
- Can be configured to hide in the system tray (stays out of the way).
- Can be configured to log requests to a text file (see who accessed the server and when).
- All settings changes take effect in real-time without you needing to restart the server, and without interrupting any in-progress downloads.