What is VMware vCenter Configuration Manager?
VMware® vCenter Configuration Manager™ (VCM)—a key part of the VMware vCenter™ Operations Manager™ Suite— delivers capabilities fundamental to ensuring that virtualized and cloud computing environments are properly configured to meet operational, security and compliance requirements.VCM is a full-featured configuration-management solution that automates configuration management across virtual, physical and cloud environments. Enterprises can use VCM to continuously audit the configurations of VMware infrastructure (including VMware ESX®, ESXi™, vCenter, vCloud® Director™ and vShield™) as well as Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems. Configuration compliance can be maintained against internal standards, security best practices, vendor hardening guidelines and regulatory mandates.
Benefits and Insights
Why use VMware vCenter Configuration Manager?
Key differentiators & advantages of VMware vCenter Configuration Manager
- Improve operational effectiveness by continuously auditing configurations of the VMware infrastructure and Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems.
- Speed time to service restoration by correlating configuration changes tracked within VCM with performance and capacity issues identified by VMware vCenter Operations Manager™.
- Accelerate the adoption of virtualization and cloud computing for business-critical applications by addressing security and compliance concerns.
- Reduce potential security threats through a unified approach to configuration management across physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Drive down the effort and cost of configuration compliance through the use of an automated solution.