VMware® vCenter Configuration Manager™ (VCM)—a key part of the VMware vCenter™ Operations Manager™ Suite— delivers capabilities fundamental to ensuring that virtualized and cloud computing environments are properly configured to meet operational, security and compliance requirements.VCM is a full-featured configuration-management solution that automates configuration management across virtual, physical and cloud environments. Enterprises can use VCM to continuously audit the configurations of VMware infrastructure (including VMware ESX®, ESXi™, vCenter, vCloud® Director™ and vShield™) as well as Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems. Configuration compliance can be maintained against internal standards, security best practices, vendor hardening guidelines and regulatory mandates.
- Improve operational effectiveness by continuously auditing configurations of the VMware infrastructure and Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems.
- Speed time to service restoration by correlating configuration changes tracked within VCM with performance and capacity issues identified by VMware vCenter Operations Manager™.
- Accelerate the adoption of virtualization and cloud computing for business-critical applications by addressing security and compliance concerns.
- Reduce potential security threats through a unified approach to configuration management across physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Drive down the effort and cost of configuration compliance through the use of an automated solution.