What is Visual Studio Release Management?
The faster your software is deployed, the quicker you can get feedback. With release management in Visual Studio you can configure, approve and deploy your applications for any environment. Create automated deployment orchestrations for each environment no matter how complex the configuration. Delivering your software more frequently and easily to an environment allows your testers to get to work validating your system and keeps your stakeholders involved in giving feedback.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Visual Studio Release Management?
Key differentiators & advantages of Visual Studio Release Management
- Easily define your release process:
- Visually create the configuration paths that describe the promotion path through your environments
- Drag and drop to create workflows that do the work of deploying your software: copy files, create IIS sites, install MSIs, and maintain all of your configurations
- Use the same deployment for every environment, including deploying to production
- Manage a consistent deployment pipeline:
- Schedule builds and trigger your entire release management flow from within Visual Studio
- Enable approvers to schedule each promoted release at a time that suits them, providing the versatility of automation, while still maintaining control
- Visualize your release pipeline and model your release process to know where you are at a glance