What is Storage Virtualization Software?
Storage Virtualization is the 3rd Dimension in the Virtualization StackConsider the 3 dimensions to virtualization and their relationship in the IT hierarchy. At the top and middle of the stack, virtualization software from VMware, Microsoft and Citrix enable users and applications to float between different desktop devices and physical servers without concern for their underlying hardware differences.Furthermore, these sophisticated hypervisors and VDI software move virtual servers and virtual desktops from one physical machine to another without having to take down applications.They effectively insulate users from shifting hardware variables occurring underneath.DataCore applies similar principles to storage where even more hardware volatility is likely. As we all know, rapid technology innovations soon render obsolete today’s biggest, fastest storage devices to be replaced by another generation of more attractive gear.Our storage virtualization software maintains smooth operations, consistent performance and a perpetual suite of advanced functions despite changes, disruptions and differences in the underlying equipment. In other words, the stable virtual infrastructure remains in place while hardware comes and goes.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Storage Virtualization Software?
Key differentiators & advantages of Storage Virtualization Software
- Keep users and applications running undisturbed despite the general storage upheaval occurring behind-the-scenes.
- Protect and Control Your Storage Infrastructure Centrally
- Provide clustered servers with non-stop access to shared storage pools split between sites within a metropolitan area.
- Reduce and contain costs of Storage Infrastructures by 60%!
- Mitigate impact of facility outages using distant Disaster Recovery sites
- Grow disk capacity non-disruptively while reducing cost and effort- Non-disruptively replace storage equipment with newer technology
- Keep users and applications running undisturbed despite the general storage upheaval occurring behind-the-scenes
- Keep a separate copy of stored information regularly updated at another location
- Overcome I/O bottlenecks that slow down applications and result in a poor user experience
- Provide a controlled and secure mechanism for two or more computers to share storage
- Organize storage into different groups to best meet different availability, performance & cost requirements