What is Resin Web Server?
Resin Web Server has been powering high traffic sites for over a decade. Known for its performance, extensibility and reliability, Resin Web Server is the web server of choice for high traffic sites.Resin Web Server is a full web server that’s faster than Apache httpd.Resin’s web server includes reverse proxy, load balancing, URL rewrites, FastCGI, and HTTP proxy cache. Known as a high performance application server with a fast web server, the site usage explosion was inline with expectations.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Resin Web Server?
Key differentiators & advantages of Resin Web Server
- Powerful and Easy to configure URL rewrite rules- Easy to configure Virtual Hosting
- FastCGI so you can work with Python (Django), Ruby (RoR), native PHP, and more
- Built-in HTTP proxy cache so you can speed dynamic pages to near-static speeds
- Built-in mod_php like support via Quercus, a PHP clone written in Java
- Cluster aware load balancer that auto shares loads to new application server nodes
- Security: Immune to buffer overflow attacks that plague other Web Servers (mostly Java with small, tight, fast JNI/C)