NetBeans IDE. The Smarter and Faster Way to Code. Quickly and easily develop desktop, mobile and web applications with Java, PHP, C/C++ and more. NetBeans IDE is FREE, open source, and has a worldwide community of users and developers.
Out of 4 users' reviews, NetBeans score is:
77 / 100
- Best Support for Latest Java Technologies - NetBeans IDE provides first-class comprehensive support for the newest Java technologies and latest Java specification enhancements before other IDEs. It is the first free IDE providing support for JDK 8, JDK 7, Java EE 7 including its related HTML5 enhancements, and JavaFX 2.
- Fast & Smart Code Editing - An IDE is much more than a text editor. The NetBeans Editor indents lines, matches words and brackets, and highlights source code syntactically and semantically. It also provides code templates, coding tips, and refactoring tools.
- Easy & Efficient Project Management - Keeping a clear overview of large applications, with thousands of folders and files, and millions of lines of code, is a daunting task. NetBeans IDE provides different views of your data, from multiple project windows to helpful tools for setting up your applications and managing them efficiently, letting you drill down into your data quickly and easily, while giving you versioning tools via Subversion, Mercurial, and Git integration out of the box.
- Rapid User Interface Development - Design GUIs for Java SE, HTML5, Java EE, PHP, C/C++, and Java ME applications quickly and smoothly by using editors and drag-and-drop tools in the IDE. For Java SE applications, the NetBeans GUI Builder automatically takes care of correct spacing and alignment, while supporting in-place editing, as well. The GUI builder is so easy to use and intuitive that it has been used to prototype GUIs live at customer presentations.
- Write Bug Free Code - The cost of buggy code increases the longer it remains unfixed. NetBeans provides static analysis tools, especially integration with the widely used FindBugs tool, for identifying and fixing common problems in Java code. In addition, the NetBeans Debugger lets you place breakpoints in your source code, add field watches, step through your code, run into methods, take snapshots and monitor execution as it occurs.