What is NetApp?
Our Snapshot and replication technology handles backup, recovery, data growth, virtualization, and big data management.Gartner’s Enterprise Disk-Based Backup/Recovery Magic Quadrant[*] placed NetApp in the “Visionaries” quadrant. Why? NetApp core Snapshot™ and disk-to-disk replication technologies help you modernize backup and recovery, adapt to data growth and virtualization, and streamline management of terabytes to petabytes of data.Customers choose NetApp backup and recovery solutions to safeguard their critical data and drive operational efficiencies by reducing backup time, improving data recovery, and cutting infrastructure, tape, and administrative costs. NetApp backups transfer only new or changed blocks to shrink backup windows, minimize network traffic, and reduce disk capacity requirements by up to 90%.
Benefits and Insights
Why use NetApp?
Key differentiators & advantages of NetApp
- Create disk-to-disk point-in-time backup copies in native format.
- Reduce backup times from hours or days to minutes.
- Reduce disk capacity requirements by up to 90%.
- Speed data recovery—native format enables end-user “browse and restore.”
- Combine Snapshot copies, replication, and tape into a single solution.