What is MidoNet?
MidoNet is an advanced Software Defined Networking solution (SDN) that uncouples your cloud from your network hardware, creating an intelligent software abstraction layer between your end hosts and your physical network. MidoNet transforms the physical network from operational backbone to highly available capacity pool. Virtual networks can be created programmatically by the thousands to accommodate workloads. And by decoupling network management from network hardware, MidoNet enables improved self-service capability for even better agility.
Benefits and Insights
Why use MidoNet?
Key differentiators & advantages of MidoNet
- Reduced complexity of physical network
- High availability (any server, any service, any time)
- Scalability through hierarchy
- Reduced protocols
- Optimized network traffic with minimal overhead
- Vastly improved fault tolerance