What is Microsoft Azure - Web?
Azure Web Sites is a fully managed Platform-as-a-Service offering that enables you to deploy and scale Web Apps in seconds. Focus on your application code, and let Azure take care of the infrastructure to scale and securely run it for you.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Microsoft Azure - Web?
Key differentiators & advantages of Microsoft Azure - Web
Speaks your language
- Use ASP.NET, Java, PHP, Node.js or Python.
- Run popular web apps and CMS solutions including WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Umbraco and DotNetNuke.
Control your data
- Azure makes it easy to create and use data solutions with your Web apps.
- Support for Microsoft SQL, MySQL, MongoDB and Key/Value Table Storage.
- A free 20MB SQL Database and free 20MB MySQL Database are provided to each Azure customer at no cost.
- No opsRun your Web apps in a high-availability environment with automatic patching.
- Web apps deployed with Azure Web Sites are isolated and are hosted in VMs dedicated to your applications – ensuring predictable performance and security isolation.
- Built-in OS and web-server patch management performed automatically with zero downtime.
- Azure enables you to quickly scale-up or out to handle any incoming customer load.
- Manually select the number and size of VMs or set up auto-scaling to scale your servers based on load or schedule.
- Deploy your Web Apps using Git Push, FTP, FTPS and Web Deploy.
- Script your deployment to integrate with your current build process or tools like TeamCity and Hudson.
- Synchronize your deployment to external services such as GitHub and DropBox.
- Use your favorite IDEVisual Studio integration allows for a full life cycle app management in one place.
- Azure VS integration allows you to create and continuously publish your Web application.
- With VS you can debug in the cloud as well as consume live log data. You can also configure key settings for your application.
- Achieve frictionless production deployments and continuous deployment using Git, Mecurial or Visual Studio Online source control.
- Azure provides built-in support for setting up continuous deployment workflows with Visual Studio Online, GitHub, and BitBucket – enabling you to automatically build, test and deploy your Web app to Azure on each successful code check-in.
Keep your assets safe
- Enable automatic backups to schedule regular backups of both your Web apps and dependent databases.
- Rest easy knowing your code and data is secure from disaster and easily restored allowing you to run your business with confidence.
Monitor with ease
- Enable outside-in monitoring to automatically verify your Web app availability from multiple locations.
- Get notified anytime your Web app isn’t available or is returning errors.
- Integrate advanced app analytics and monitoring functionality from New Relic and AppDynamics to get even richer insight into how your Web app is performing.
Deploy with confidence
- Create a private “staging” version of any Web app, and use it to perform final testing before you deploy.
- Once your changes are verified you can swap it into production with no downtime. During swap, Web applications are pre-loaded by Azure Web Sites ensuring the best customer experience.
Brand it and secure it
- Bring your own domain and SSL Certificates.
- Azure Web Sites supports both CNAME and A-record DNS entries, allowing you to use any DNS domain with your Web app.
- You can also upload custom IP and SNI based SSL certificates for custom domains.
- Create personalized Web addresses for your customers by utilizing the support for wildcard custom domain name format.