IDP Series Network Intrusion Detection and PreventionJuniper Networks IDP Series Intrusion Detection and Prevention Appliances offer the latest capabilities in network intrusion detection and prevention to protect the network from a wide range of network intrusions and security attacks. Using industry-recognized stateful network intrusion detection and prevention techniques, the IDP Series Intrusion Detection and Prevention Appliances provides zero-day protection against worms, trojans, spyware, keyloggers, and other malware.
Feature BenefitsStateful signatures
• Intelligently track the state of the connection/traffic and scan for attack patterns matching the signature• Minimizes false-positives• optimizes performanceZero-day protection
• Protocol anomaly detection and same-day coverage for newly found vulnerabilities.traffic anomaly detection
• Identify attacks spanning multiple connections by comparing incoming traffic volume to baseline activities• thwart attacks such as network probes and port scansapplication awareness/identification
• use of context, protocols and signatures to identify applications on any port.
• enable rules and policies based on applications.application policy enforcement
• Manage unwanted applications with various actions while maintaining threat coverage.application volume tracking
• observe network bandwidth consumption per application.network honeypots
• Proactively identify potential attackers by impersonating network services that do not exist