What is Ingres?
Ingres Database is a leading, enterprise-grade open source database management system designed to reduce IT costs and time-to-value, while delivering the strength and features expected from an enterprise- class database. The features in the Ingres Database were made to support business critical applications for Fortune 500 companies. Focused on reliability, security, scalability, and ease of use, Ingres combines enterprise features with the flexibility of open source.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Ingres?
Key differentiators & advantages of Ingres
- Highly available architecture ensures your data is available even during failures- Built in scalability to grow as your data does
- Security features for Sarbanes Oxley / HIPPA compliancy
- Industry leading support and services- Multi-Version Concurrency Control
- Role separation for regulatory compliance and full audit capabilities
- Robust XA transaction support
- Hot online automated backup, parallel restore and in-place upgrades
- Scalable architecture
- Extensive Platform Support