What is HP One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) Solution for ProLiant?
OBDR will rapidly restore or replicate a ProLiant server's operating system, software applications, and data using only a tape drive and the most recent backup cartridge. This is possible because the tape drive emulates a CD-ROM drive that allows the server to "boot from tape". Once the boot process has completed, the tape drive switches back into normal mode and proceeds with restoring data.
Benefits and Insights
Why use HP One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) Solution for ProLiant?
Key differentiators & advantages of HP One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) Solution for ProLiant
- Downtime is reduced and the cost implications are minimized because you no longer need to search for software disks, manuals and registration numbers.
- You will no longer need to make a new set of disaster recovery floppies or CDs each time the server configuration is altered or a peripheral such as a printer is added.
- Manually recovering from a disaster at a stressful time makes for an error-prone process. The sheer simplicity of HP's One-Button Disaster Recovery means the risk of a user error during recovery, and therefore subsequent recovery failure, is significantly reduced.
- Backup and disaster recovery preparation - previously two separate tasks - become one and the same process.
- An IT Administrator can perform a complete system restore from a remote location via the HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) or Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition (RILOE) without traveling to the failed server's location.