What is HP Configuration Management System?
HP Configuration Management System (CMS) is a comprehensive set of tools for collecting, storing, managing, updating and presenting data about IT services configuration items (software and infrastructure) and about their relationships. HP CMS includes HP Universal Discovery (UD) and a federated configuration management database (UCMDB) that integrates with trusted sources in a seamless fashion—allowing IT management teams to make effective decisions and control changes.
Benefits and Insights
Why use HP Configuration Management System?
Key differentiators & advantages of HP Configuration Management System
- Thorough understanding of application components and infrastructure dependencies
- More effective and accurate change planning and impact analysis
- Lower time to resolution for critical events with fast view of service decomposition
- Improved visibility showing deviations from standard configuration of IT assets
- Control of configuration management and compliance issues such as Sarbanes-Oxley