What is Groove Virtual Office?
Microsoft Office Groove 2007 and SharePoint 2007 technologies are complementary software products that work together to support the new virtual team environment. If you want to collaborate in a secure, efficient, and immediate way with colleagues and partners, whether they are in the next office or half-way around the world, whether they are online or offline, or whether they are inside or outside the enterprise firewall, then this article is for you. The heart of Groove 2007 is the workspace, where team members assemble information, share files, write reports, discuss plans, design forms, manage meetings, and perform other tasks. Workspaces are opened from the Groove Launchbar as needed. Here is a brief summary of Groove 2007 features.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Groove Virtual Office?
Key differentiators & advantages of Groove Virtual Office
- Document collaboration tools - The Files tool allows team members to share files, and iterate document reviews and changes. The SharePoint Files tool adds synchronization with SharePoint document libraries to the Files tool features.
- Tracking tools - Use the Issue Tracking tool to create tasks, identify opportunities, raise issues, and record progress. - Idea development Use the Notepad tool to capture text and the Sketchpad tool to draw concepts.
- Meetings and calendars - Use the Calendar tool to schedule important project milestones and events, and the Meetings tool to schedule project meetings.
- Threaded discussions - Use the Discussion tool to enable everybody on your team to track and contribute to a shared, ongoing conversation on important topics.
- Workspace - Chat Engage in impromptu, spontaneous exchanges of information with team members who are currently in the workspace.
- Presence awareness - Quickly figure out who is working on what and when by viewing other workspace members' online status indicators. Groove notifier when a contact comes online
- Alerts - Groove automatically encrypts and decrypts data using the Groove Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) on each computer and over the Internet.
- Custom forms - Collect structured data from your team in custom tools created using the Groove Forms or Groove InfoPath Forms tools.