What is GenieDB for Cloud?
GenieDB helps companies building public, private clouds, or hybrid cloud environments, enabling a unified database layer crossing multiple datacenters or clouds wherever located. Nodes within GenieDB can work close together in high performance clusters or replicated out across datacenters and clouds for better response time, data governance, and resilience in the face of individual cloud or datacenter outages.
Benefits and Insights
Why use GenieDB for Cloud?
Key differentiators & advantages of GenieDB for Cloud
- Eliminate database downtime due to cloud or datacenter outages—GenieDB’s self healing architecture provides ultra-availability (>99.999% uptime) with no single point of failure–server, network or even in the event of cloud outage.
- Distribute data across geographic distances without the pain of NoSQL—while maintaining your investment MySQL, GenieDB provides geographically dispersed users in different regions or time zones with the ability to read and write data reliably in near time.
- Local response times for users anywhere in the world—GenieDB distributes data close to remote users in order to improve availability and responsiveness.
- Achieve higher ROIs for worldwide deployments—GenieDB is easy to install and manage. It dramatically reduces the complexity, time and cost to design, implement and manage a geographically diverse ultra-available solution.
- Eliminate cloud vendor lock-in—GenieDB is portable and runs on public, private or hybrid clouds allowing you to easily move or add nodes to take advantage of cloud features and pricing.