What is FieldShield?
FieldShield v3 is a uniquely powerful data-centric security tool for personally identifying information (PII) and other sensitive data in database columns and flat-file fields. FieldShield masks data with multiple encryption and de-identification functions that you choose according to your business rules. If you need fast, targeted, and auditable data security for your relational databases, or files in text, CSV, LDIF, XML, COBOL or other sequential formats, consider a FieldShield solution.FieldShield shields sensitive fields in database tables and flat files with a choice of protections. Encrypt, mask, hash, change, pseudonymize, and filter data according to business rules to de-identify or remove individualizing characteristics without cutting off access to the rest of the data or changing its basic appearance. FieldShield's optional audit trail verifies compliance with data privacy laws, and its Eclipse-based GUI make job design, sharing and deployment easier.
Benefits and Insights
Why use FieldShield?
Key differentiators & advantages of FieldShield
- AES-128 & format-preserving AES-256 encryption
- 3DES, FIPS-compliant OpenSSL & GPG/PGP encryption
- Data masking and obfuscation functions - Built-in de-ID, hashing and random functions
- Lookup table pseudonymization- Cross-table protection rule application and storage
- XML audit (compliance) log
- Open, interoperable metadata and GUI, built on Eclipse
- Compatible test data creation