What is Dell Compellent Storage Virtualization?
Dell Compellent enables virtualized enterprise storage at the disk level, creating a dynamic pool of shared storage resources available to all servers. With read/write operations spread across all drives, multiple requests can be processed in parallel, boosting system performance. Dell Compellent Storage Virtualization allows users to create hundreds of volumes in seconds to support any virtual server platform and optimize the placement of virtual applications.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Dell Compellent Storage Virtualization?
Key differentiators & advantages of Dell Compellent Storage Virtualization
- Create any size virtual volumes without allocating drives to specific servers or dealing with complicated capacity planning and performance tuning
- Present network storage to servers simply as disk capacity, regardless of tier, RAID level or server connectivity
- Automatically restripe data across all drives in the storage pool when adding disk capacity
- Dynamically scale the storage pool and implement system upgrades without disruption
- Use virtual ports to increase port capacity, disk bandwidth, I/O connectivity and port failover