What is DataDirect Connect?
Progress DataDirect strives to provide and support software solutions and products that allow developers to connect to any database from any application.DataDirect Connect Platinum ODBC driver's unique wire protocol design eliminates the need for database client software and libraries, greatly simplifying installation and deployment, and dramatically improving application performance and scalability.Connect for JDBC offers the fastest and most comprehensive suite of Type 5 JDBC drivers and is the SPECjAppServer/ECPerf performance and scalability leader. This market-leading suite is fully JDBC 4.0 compliant and supports SSL, Windows authentication, and automated application failover.Connect for ADO.NET is the industry's only suite of ADO.NET data providers with a 100% managed architecture, eliminating the need for database clients, boosting performance, and delivering a flexible, secure connection to Oracle, DB2, Sybase, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Benefits and Insights
Why use DataDirect Connect?
Key differentiators & advantages of DataDirect Connect
- DataDirect Connect drivers and providers provide an unparalleled set of features that provide critical development, run-time and production benefits.
- DataDirect drivers automatically and transparently redirect connection requests or transactions to an alternate database server if the primary server is unavailable due to a hardware failure or traffic overload.
- DataDirect drivers dramatically outperform competitors in throughput capacity, CPU efficiency, and memory footprint as proven in performance benchmarks.
- DataDirect can serve all your data connectivity needs, for any API (JDBC, ODBC, ADO.NET, and OLE DB), for any major database—SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, Salesforce and more, while supporting all major platforms—Windows, Linux, and UNIX.
- Speed up batch operations or load bulk data from a file the fastest way possible—without requiring code changes or costly database vendor tools.