What is Crowd?
Finally, a single sign-on and user identity tool that's easy to use, administer, and integrate. Users can come from anywhere: Active Directory, LDAP, Crowd itself, or any mix thereof. Control permissions to all your applications in one place – Atlassian, Subversion, Google Apps, or your own apps.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Crowd?
Key differentiators & advantages of Crowd
- Centralize identity management - Manage application permissions in one place, from the same console.
- Manage application permissions in one place, from the same console. - Make life easy for your users – give them one username and password to log in to all the applications they need access to.
- Connectors to everything - Connect and manage access to your applications – Atlassian Tools, Google Apps, Apache, Subversion, and more.
- Integrate your apps - Change directories without impacting your applications.
- Support for multiple directories - Map any combination of directories to a single application – perfect for managing users not in your main directory.
- Manage group memberships - Save time by setting up new users to be automatically added to specified groups.
- Create user aliases - User aliasing allows one user to have different usernames in different applications.
- Consolidate your user bases - Reduce administrative overhead by migrating users from all your Atlassian applications into Crowd.
- SSO: Log in once - Users can authenticate once, and be automatically logged in to all their Atlassian applications.
- Available, all the time - Ensure users can access your other Atlassian applications – like Confluence and FishEye – while you are upgrading JIRA or performing maintenance that requires downtime.
- Built to scale - Simplify your complexities. Manage thousands of users, hundreds of groups, and tons of apps – Crowd handles it all.