What is CloudBees Platform as a Service?
The CloudBees Platform as a Service (PaaS) architecture provides a powerful foundation for cloud development and development services.Traditional packaged Java middleware gets you, as a developer, chained to a single machine and process, leaving the production wiring, configuration, and operational problems to someone else. The cloud changes the equation, when infrastructure resources are available instantly and can come and go on demand, as needed. A PaaS solves the problem of resource availability and infrastructure maintenance by building directly on the Infrastructure as a Service layer. CloudBees provides a base package and then reliably provisions and wires together all the services you select. As you scale up and down throughout the development process, you add or subtract new services, run builds, test and roll out new applications or enhancements. Meanwhile, CloudBees transparently handles all the underlying changes to keep your application up at all times. With CloudBees delivering the Java development and runtime Platform as a Service, you are not exposed to the infrastructure directly - and you don't want to be.Vendors who call themselves a PaaS but tell you that being hands-on with a machine or process is a "feature" are just the same old infrastructure hosting providers in cloud clothing. They're not changing the equation for you because, unlike CloudBees, they haven't made the technology investment to do so.
Benefits and Insights
Why use CloudBees Platform as a Service?
Key differentiators & advantages of CloudBees Platform as a Service
- Everything you need to create new applications with no software installation, using the tools you already know
- Hosted Jenkins CI supports your agile development, improves quality and team collaboration
- Support even the most complex test scenarios using a Jenkins test pipeline and a huge plugin library
- With AnyCloud and flexible runtimes, deploy to the runtime, region, and infrastructure cloud target of your choice
- Efficiently push even large applications to the cloud, from your IDE or from Jenkins
- CloudBees-managed MySQL simplifies your life, integrated partner offerings enrich your experience
- Scale down, up, and out - automatically or under your control - making best use of resources and controlling cost
- Use CloudBees' built-in monitoring, or augment capabilities with best of breed, integrated partners
- Deploy new versions with zero downtime, roll back to archived versions as needed and Take advantage of CloudBees' extensive partner ecosystem to bring even more power to your development and runtime experience