What is Cloudant?
Cloudant’s distributed database as a service (DBaaS) allows developers of fast-growing web and mobile apps to focus on building and improving their products, instead of worrying about scaling and managing databases on their own.Cloudant’s distributed NoSQL database is built on top of Apache CouchDB. Where the APIs differ, Cloudant does more.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Cloudant?
Key differentiators & advantages of Cloudant
- Cloudant's big data experts monitor your data 24/7 to ensure its high availability and safety. Dedicated customers get performance guarantees and priority access to support.
- All read and write transactions can be synced across Cloudant's global data network without global locks, providing true high availability of your data.
- To keep latency low, our geo-load balancing infrastructure routes requests to the copies of the data that are geographically closest to the requestor.
- We’re mobile-ready. Cloudant not only syncs between data centers around the world, but also between data centers and mobile devices.
- Unlike Hadoop, Cloudant’s Incremental MapReduce keeps indexes up-to-date with new transactions and updates without requiring a full reindexing of your data.
- High-performance full-text indexing and search, without the difficulty and cost of managing text and operational data in separate databases. Includes multi-language support.