ASG-Discovery and Dependency Mapping (ASG-DDM) automatically monitors and reveals the relationships between business services, the underlying complex applications, and supporting components across the enterprise. In addition to helping organizations ensure application availability, ASG-DDM fosters understanding of how applications and dependencies impact IT and business services and supports many important infrastructure and service support initiatives like release management, change and configuration management, incident and problem management, compliance and audit trails, cost control and charge back, disaster recovery, dynamic provisioning, and service level management (SLM).ASG-DDM's automated discovery and dependency mapping dramatically reduces the time to map business service to infrastructure dependencies. ASG-DDM discovers both packaged and custom application dependencies distributed platforms, and leverages existing investment by utilizing business process modeling work already completed.Powerful drill-down capabilities within ASG-DDM provide a deep level of understanding within an application and IT infrastructure that includes application system and application configurations and dependencies. This enabling technology provides a powerful communications bridge between service support, operations, and applications teams. It provides extensible out of the box graphs, queries, and reports which enable service support and operational use cases.ASG-DDM is part of an open, flexible solution set that is easy to integrate within existing service support and I&O information systems. This enables customers to mix and match solutions as they make sense and continue to leverage their existing technology investments, with no "rip and replace" required.
- Supports discovery and mapping from infrastructure to business applications
- Discovers both packaged and custom application configurations- Supports enterprise systems such as Oracle, SAP, Websphere environments
- Combines agentless and agentbased discovery approaches
- Provides flexible, easy-to-use, and customizable user interface- Includes standard reports, and provides a report designer for customization
- Provides an easy-to-use fingerprint designer for discovery of custombuilt applications- Includes open interfaces to third party configuration management systems
- Supports use cases such as Business Service Management, change impact analysis, management of virtualization, transition to "Green IT" and data center migration projects