What is AppFog?
AppFog is a simple Cloud Platform for web applications. It's built on Cloud Foundry, the Open Platform as a Service Project.-Enterprise PaaS for private cloudAppFog delivers a battle-tested PaaS that has stood up to over 100,000 deployed applications for mobile, social, and consumer web applications using Java, .NET, Node, Ruby, Python, PHP and more.- PaaS + security + governanceTraditionally, PaaS hasn’t been a good fit for enterprises because it was in the public cloud and couldn’t connect with many on-premise data sources. You couldn’t audit the PaaS. You couldn’t control what code was deployed or where.AppFog changes the game by delivering an industry-leading PaaS to enterprises in a way that is easily consumed by CIOs, CTOs, CMOs and developers too.- The AppFog enterprise solutionAppFog provides workload portability, a standard scaling methodology and standard deployment practices with no need for additional systems management. AppFog is the only Platform-as-a-Service that allows you to deploy, manage and scale applications written in all languages, with all frameworks, across public, private, and hybrid clouds.
Benefits and Insights
Why use AppFog?
Key differentiators & advantages of AppFog
- Launches fast, runs fast - Varnish Cache and op-code caching run applications with less server load and accelerated performance.
- Reduces ops work - No more configuring servers, firewalls, Apache, security, or installing frameworks.
- Plays well with any SCM - Versioning is critical. AppFog is compatible with code management systems like git, svn, and mercurial.
- Scales efficiently - We run in many regions, data centers, and infrastructures. Access only the servers you need and pay for only what you use.
- Supports many app runtimes - Web app technologies include PHP, Node, Ruby, Python, Java, and .NET.
- Supports many services - Add any popular service to your application, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, and RabbitMQ.