What is AllegroGraph?
AllegroGraph® is a modern, high-performance, persistent graph database. AllegroGraph uses efficient memory utilization in combination with disk-based storage, enabling it to scale to billions of quads while maintaining superior performance. AllegroGraph supports SPARQL, RDFS++, and Prolog reasoning from numerous client applications.
Benefits and Insights
Why use AllegroGraph?
Key differentiators & advantages of AllegroGraph
- AllegroGraph is 100 percent ACID, supporting Transactions: Commit, Rollback, and Checkpointing
- Full and Fast Recoverability
- 100% Read Concurrency, Near Full Write Concurrenc
- Online Backups, Point-in-Time Recovery, Replication, Warm Standby
- Dynamic and Automatic Indexing
- All committed triples are always indexed (7 indices)
- Advanced Text Indexing
- Text indexing per predicate
- SOLR and MongoDB Integration
- SPIN support (SPARQL Inferencing Notation). The SPIN API allows you to define a function in terms of a SPARQL query and then call that function in other SPARQL queries. These SPIN functions can appear in FILTERs and can also be used to compute values in assignment and select expressions.
- All Clients based on REST Protocol
- Java Sesame, Java Jena, Python, C#, Clojure, Perl, Ruby, Scala, and Lisp clients
- Completely multi-processing based (SMP)
- Automatic Resource Management for all processors and disks, and optimized memory use.
- Column-based compression of indices – reduced paging, better performance
- Triple Level Security with Security Filters
- Cloud-Hosted AllegroGraph - Amazon EC2
- Soundex support - Allows Free text indexing based on phonetic pronunciation
- User-defined Indices - fully controllable by system administrator
- Client-Server GRUFF with Graphical Query Builder - Plug-in Interface for Text Indexers (use SOLR/Lucene, Native AG Full Text Indexer, Japanese Tokenizer)Dedicated and Public Sessions – In dedicated sessions users can work with their own rule sets against the same database