What is Waystar?
Industry Specialties: Medical
Waystar (formerly known as Navicure or ZirMed before the two merged) is a cloud-based solution built for managing a health organization’s revenue cycle. Over 25,000 hospital organizations and health clinics use this system to track revenue from patients, from their first visit up until their final balance has been paid.
This particular software solution helps health facilities of all sizes and specialties by reducing the cost and effort of managing payment, in turn increasing the amount of money able to be collected. These health organizations are able to spend more time working with patients and less time dealing with finances.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Waystar?
Key differentiators & advantages of Waystar
- Patient Experience: The financial part of any medical visit is often just as stressful or worrisome as any treatment or procedure. Waystar provide patients with a variety of options to make payment more manageable.
- Seamless Integration: Waystar’s RCM solutions are easily integrated with an extensive list of top medical software systems available.
- Configurable: Waystar lets you pick and choose your features and tools depending on your healthcare organization’s needs.
- Easy-to-Use Interface: The usability of Waystar helps your physicians easily navigate through a patient’s financial information, saving time and improving accuracy.
- Scalability: Waystar is built to fit a variety of specialty healthcare groups, such as internal medicine, OB/GYN, ambulance, behavioral therapy, hospice care, orthopedics, cardiology and more. As your clinic grows, you can add more tools to your system.
- Quick Implementation: With its ease of use along with training and demos provided, Waystar can get up and running quickly, immediately boosting your workflow and financials.
With over 20 years of industry experience, Waystar serves nearly half a million healthcare providers across the US. This solution is also integratable with over 500 leading software systems. Waystar has been consistently recognized as the Best in KLAS claims clearinghouse, winning each year since 2010.
- Coverage Eligibility: This tool allows your physicians to easily enter and update patient information real-time, verify eligibility and co-payments, and speed up patient check-ins. Waystar also helps reduce debt by requiring patients with high deductibles to pay more up front.
- Revenue Integrity: With codes and billing regulations constantly changing, Waystar saves your employees time and money by identifying under-coded or incorrect claims.
- Claim Management: Waystar helps determine when claims should be processed based on the payer’s payment patterns. This feature is able to automatically uncover any missing deposits and ERAs, while putting out a 98.5% first-pass clean claims rate.
- Denial Management: Denial Management lets your organization track, appeal and prevent denials as well as prioritize and evaluate which ones may have the best shot at being appealed.
- Contract Management: Payer contracts are constantly changing. Waystar lets you upload commercial and government contracts in just one day while automatically tracking any unpaid or outstanding payments.
- Patient Financial Experience: Waystar’s predictive analytics help to determine where your health organization’s focus should be placed and how to communicate with patients. With insight regarding a patient’s liability to pay, your facility can increase collections without irritable credit checks. You can ensure that patients understand how much they owe and why while payment plans may be offered.
- Agency Management: Rather than using a third-party agency, Waystar helps you optimize your cash collection. Invoices can automatically be verified and highlight any remaining payments required.
- Social Determinants of Health: Waystar helps your team identify and manage patient risk before they meet with any of your healthcare professionals. This form of value-based care helps to provide better health outcomes while increasing your organization’s revenue.
Waystar Suite Support
phonePhone: Waystar’s website provides numbers for phone support regarding health systems and hospitals as well as physician practices and other organizations.
schoolTraining: Customers can access live support and a comprehensive online training center by logging into Waystar’s website.
local_offerTickets: Users can leave questions or comments online and request to be contacted through phone or email.
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Waystar