What is CommitDBA?
CommitDBA is a business unit of Ross Group Inc dedicated to providing enterprise database services and industry best practices to data centric organizations. Many small-to-medium (SMB) sized businesses want to outsource specialized database administration to database managed service providers. Outsourcing DBA support helps off-load critical database services instead of hiring a DBA and purchasing expensive monitoring tools. In addition, outsourcing brings in expertise to support the Top 10 Database Essential areas of coverage along with providing 24x7 ongoing support. Included in all of this provisioning is affordable service pricing.
Today, CommitDBA helps to manage and support over 500 Terabytes of data for clients throughout North America, Canada and Europe. Specializing in Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL technology stacks, CommitDBA meets the ever-evolving and increasingly complex industry environments with a number of diverse solutions tailored to meet all database service requests.
Benefits and Insights
Why use CommitDBA?
Key differentiators & advantages of CommitDBA
- DBA Manage - 24x7 or 12x5 database managed services with proactive database monitoring powered by Quest Foglight. Includes over 200 in-scope DBA tasks, an expert remote DBA on-shore team, a roadmap to optimal performance and more for a fixed monthly fee.
- DBA On Call - 24x7 reactive database services for emergency support or ad-hoc requirements as needed. However, no proactive services or 24x7 database monitoring is included. Requires a small retainer fee.
- DBA Cloud - Cloud DBA services for migrating and managing data in the cloud. Essential to successful cloud adoption, CommitDBA works with organizations from the beginning of the cloud adoption phase through the end of the cycle phase to monitor and manage each client's databases in the cloud.
- DBA Security - Database security services that cover holistic and deep dive security provisions as the last line of defense. Database security layers are assessed, monitored and managed to prevent data breaches. Appropriate security stacks are recommended based on your specific database environment.
- Advanced Database - High Performance and High Availability expertise provided for advanced database architectures. Advanced technologies include Oracle RAC, SQL Server AlwaysOn, Oracle Database Appliance, Oracle Exadata, Advanced Data Replication and other emerging architectures.