What is Riverbed® Whitewater® cloud storage?
Riverbed® Whitewater® cloud storage gateways modernize data protection and streamline operations for organizations of all sizes from enterprises to small remote offices. Leveraging industry-leading technologies, Whitewater appliances deliver local-like performance while using private or public cloud for secure off-site storage.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Riverbed® Whitewater® cloud storage?
Key differentiators & advantages of Riverbed® Whitewater® cloud storage
- Eliminate tape system burdens: Eliminate tape, tape management, and vaulting with real-time replication to the cloud, freeing administrators from mundane tasks and allowing them to focus on high value IT projects.
- Reduce business risk and improve DR readiness: Reduce business risk without the operational and capital costs associated with a remote DR site. With strong encryption of data onsite, in transit, and at rest within the cloud, Whitewater eliminates security concerns while providing a restore anywhere capability that improves DR readiness.
- Seamless integration with existing backup applications: Purpose built for data protection, Whitewater appliances support industry standard protocols and require no changes to the existing backup policies, schedules or jobs.
- Reduce costs by 30 to 50 percent: Leveraging proprietary technologies, Whitewater shrinks the storage required on average, by 10-30 times to speed transmission and reduce costs by 30 to 50 percent over tape and replicated disk solutions.
- Slow storage cost growth by tiering data to the cloud: Eliminate costly storage upgrades by moving old backup data from existing storage arrays to a Whitewater appliance that will seamlessly cache and replicate the data to inexpensive, elastic cloud storage creating a low cost storage tier.
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Riverbed® Whitewater® cloud storage