What is Paylocity?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Paylocity is an all-in-one HR platform that enables organizations of every size to execute benefits administration, payroll, talent management, time and labor management, and other core processes. The cloud-based software includes multiple customization and configuration options, allowing organizations to scale according to their needs. It contains robust security measures such as encryption, real-time backups and numerous data centers.
The solution has mobile apps for iOS and Android devices, giving users flexible access to information. Users can update contact information, receive notifications, view timesheets, follow company updates and perform other actions. Several welcome screens introduce new users to the app’s main features.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Paylocity?
Key differentiators & advantages of Paylocity
- Streamline Recruiting: Paylocity is equipped with ATS capabilities that make the recruiting process more manageable. You can automate tasks, create custom workflows for hiring, post jobs internally, configure applications to capture the necessary information, and post jobs to Indeed (free) and over 20,000 other job boards (paid). The system enables internal communication regarding candidates and lets you create forms that automatically fill information from an applicant’s resume.
- Simplify Onboarding: An onboarding portal centralizes information to create a simplified process for new hires. You can add welcome notes, intro videos, team information, company culture details and more. The portal can be configured to gather necessary employee details like contact info, direct deposit settings, withholding forms and an employee handbook with e-signature functionality.
- Execute Training: The solution comes with built-in LMS module to facilitate employee training. This lets you build content to deliver in several different learning formats, track learner progress, assign courses and more. Support for all major e-learning formats enables you to load pre-built courses into the platform.
- Ensure Compliance: You can track EEO data, view ACA information and manage I-9 work authorization. Specialized courses allow you to train employees on compliance topics and assess them on a regular basis. The system also aggregates news and industry trends into a feed to keep you updated on compliance laws.
- Automate Notifications: Webhooks let you create push notifications. With this feature, you can automatically receive updates about new hires, changes, time-off approvals and terminations.
- Promote Engagement: Paylocity has a social platform that boosts engagement within teams and across departments, as well as improves productivity. Features include an activity feed, groups, announcements and notifications. Users can follow different updates, comment, add reactions and @tag co-workers.
- Enhance Performance Management: The performance management component provides tools to conduct ongoing monitoring. You can customize review forms, help employees set goals and track performance via insight charts. Performance journals encourage two-way communication, and you can gain feedback from other employees for a more complete picture of performance.
- Collect Feedback: A survey tool lets you gather employee feedback for insights into your company. This helps you analyze sentiment, identify possible problems, determine how changes impact your organization and measure employee satisfaction. You can configure question types, offer confidentiality, share results, view responses on a dashboard and save surveys.
Paylocity is used by companies in a wide variety of fields including hospitality, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, real estate, financial services and the nonprofit space.
- Benefits Administration: Paylocity provides employees with the ability to manage all aspects of their benefits. The system includes a number of plan types and configurations, along with analytics for tracking contribution amounts, open enrollment status and other data. You can update coverage with carriers and generate reports. In addition, the solution facilitates easy administration of flexible programs like FSAs, HRAs, COBRA and others.
- Time & Labor Management: Workers can clock in and out via the mobile app, and you can set geo-fencing rules that ensure accurate clock punching. The system tracks data for all employee types (hourly, full-time, remote, etc.) and has tools for tracking attendance, managing time off, setting schedules and generating reports. It also syncs with payroll automatically. Enterprise organizations can use the Paylocity Enterprise Time and Expense solution to handle more complex needs.
- Compensation Management: With this feature, administrators can configure settings such as the approval process and eligibility requirements. It also supports customization of compensation plans to match your organization’s pay cycles. Company leaders gain a view into budgets and allocations. Managers can provide increases and view employee data like performance and pay history.
- Payroll: Paylocity’s tools for running payroll include templates, employee actions forms and checklists for tasks. Configuration options allow you to create general ledgers, reports, accruals and more to fit your needs. And you can preview your register to ensure accuracy. The software includes a built-in component for expense management as well.
- Integrations: Your organization can extend Paylocity’s capabilities by connecting with partner solutions in 20 categories, including single sign-on (SSO), ERP and a variety of HR-related functions. You can choose from more than 300 integrations in the vendor marketplace. Data can flow into or out of Paylocity, or in both directions, depending on the integration.
- Employee Self-Service Portal: This feature gives employees access to their information in a single location. They can update personal details, interact with co-workers and more.
- Reporting & Analytics: Dashboards provide real-time insights across metrics such as headcount, turnover, retention, labor cost, company demographics and more. The system comes with over 100 standard reports along with an ad hoc reporting tool. You can schedule reports to automatically generate and track key reports with a favorites feature.
Paylocity Suite Support
Employees that need help should contact their company administrator. Company admins can contact their account manager for assistance. Paylocity’s support team is available Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time. For additional aid, Paylocity provides outsourcing options with its HR Edge solution. Companies can gain access to consulting, guidance, handbooks, a resource library and more. Paylocity also offers tax filing services for the U.S., Guam, the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
mail_outlineEmail: Users can send support emails to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Paylocity’s website also includes a FAQ section for self-service on basic issues.
phonePhone: The support team can be reached via phone at +1 (800) 873-8205.
schoolTraining: Paylocity offers free courses in the following formats: webinars, on demand and instructor-led (ILT). The course categories cover talent management, time & attendance, data & analytics, compliance management, payroll & expense, employee engagement, learning & development, and compensation & benefits. In addition to online training, Paylocity hosts an annual conference where users can attend product-related sessions.