In response to market requests to create a single transportation system that efficiently manages fleet resources as well as contracted carrier options, Oracle has developed a new approach to balancing for-hire resources with owned/leased vehicle options. As market conditions change, Oracle Fleet Management is able to effectively consider the impact on the business of using a fleet resource that is owned or leased with the cost impact of purchasing for-hire transportation services.
- Improve asset utilization, tracking and lifecycle management
- Enhance service through fleet-specific order management capabilities
- Boost driver satisfaction and retention through increased utilization while accounting for driver-specific dispatch requirements
- Provide greater insight into fleet operations through driver dispatch, mobile communications and asset tracking
- Measure and control financial performance by leveraging new capabilities for costing, payables, billables, cost accruals, revenue recognition and claim and dispute management
- Reduce overall fuel costs and emissions, leading to greater sustainability