What is Dynamics 365 Field Service?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers a field service product (formerly known as FieldOne) that has a number of popular and exclusive features that are important to technicians and back office managers alike. Features include real-time tracking, multi-language support, cloud-based architecture, automated routing, workflows and more. This solution became a Microsoft product after having been acquired in 2015 and serves medium and large organizations.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Dynamics 365 Field Service?
Key differentiators & advantages of Dynamics 365 Field Service
- Optimize Routing: The software features an intelligent, AI-assisted routing function that finds the quickest available route to optimize a tech’s schedule.
- Environmentally Adaptable: Dynamics 365 is suitable for a number of environments, including residential and rural, making it adaptable to many use-cases.
- Track Performance and Talent: Contractors frequently need to be brought on in order to fill talent gaps in the workforce. Dynamics 365 assists in on-boarding and managing those contractors.
- Operate All Over: The product handles multiple languages and currencies and integrates with local GIS systems, enabling users to work globally.
As a comprehensive suite of tools, Microsoft Dynamics 365 has numerous clients across a number of industries, not just the field service industry. However, it’s field service product boasts customers like Sandvik Coromant, Sodexo and Handicare.
- Automated Routing: The solution will select the best route — and the best tech — for the job. This can shave seconds, minutes, even hours off of a technicians commute and increase customer loyalty.
- Extensions: With a bevy of third-party, plug-and-play extensions available, users can significantly expand their usage of the former FieldOne product.
- Mobility: Mobility is a central feature of field service products — which Dynamics 365 provides with its centralized mobility management platform. Techs can pull up customer info, sign forms and communicate effectively with back-office managers.
- Support for Mixed Reality: Support for AR and VR fieldwork is present in the product. Work orders, support and more are delivered to mixed-reality enabled headsets.
- Dispatch Only When Necessary: This software will monitor a number of different factors and variables, detecting change and dispatching technicians when necessary.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Vast and complex system makes it difficult for users to adapt, and the implementation process can be time-consuming
- Microsoft Dynamic 365 supports limited functionalities for technician management
- Doesn’t support all functionalities of operations management, such as reverse logistics, engineering change request, equipment supersession and warranty and claims
- Doesn’t support billing and invoicing functionality. However, the solution only lets users configure pricing for services and automatically convert completed work orders to invoices
- UI isn’t intuitive, and navigation between modules is a cumbersome task
- Creating estimates for complex jobs can be time-consuming
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Suite SupportMicrosoft has several support options available to its customers, including phone, training and support tickets.
mail_outlineEmail: Email support is not available from Microsoft at this time.
phonePhone: Users can ask for phone support from Microsoft. Monday through Wednesday and Friday, phone lines are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. On Thursday, the lines are open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Users can call support at 1-800-936-4900, or 1-888-477-7877.
schoolTraining: Training, certifications and self-learning courses are available from Microsoft. There are several tiers of certification in Microsoft Dynamics 365, starting at $165 for the initial course. Certification courses range from beginner to advanced. Users can also explore Microsoft Learn, a field service learning course.
local_offerTickets: Dynamics customers on an active support plan can use the appropriate phone number or web links to create a new managed support incident for Dynamics 365 Online or on-premise.
Cost of Ownership for Microsoft Dynamics 365
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Dynamics 365 Field Service