What is Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne?
Industry Specialties: Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Food and Beverage, Energy, Engineering
This software also collects real-time data and creates visualizations to make insight gathering easier. The program has an emphasis on real-time visibility and includes the ability to see how products are moving through the supply chain in actual time. Additionally, forecasting and budgeting tools are integrated with the production process to help develop actionable plans.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Architecture: This system possesses built-in modules for reporting tools, database systems and other third-party and web server applications. This makes the integration of business processes faster and easier.
- Adaptability: This product allows users to build sophisticated analytical reports by customizing transactional data into charts, graphs, lists and tables. This can simplify the gathering of useful statistical insights. It also easily adapts to different languages, currencies and technological standards.
- Interoperability: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne helps users leverage existing investments in hardware, databases, and software so that they can be integrated with legacy and third-party products.
- Accessibility: This system is available as either a cloud-based solution or an on-premise installation. This allows customers to select which option is appropriate for their particular business.
- Visibility: This tool allows clients to check on the status of products or materials as they move from procurement to manufacturing and finally to distribution. This enables customers to more accurately see if there are any snags or bottlenecks in the production system.
- Supply Chain Planning: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne’s supply chain planning modules contain functionality for demand management, order promising and value chain planning.
- Order Management: The order management feature streamlines order processing while also maintaining visibility and control of order tracking throughout the order lifecycle.
- Financial Management: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne contains tools for accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed-asset management and tax management among other features associated with financial management. For example, the fixed asset accounting tool can automatically update asset information and develop budget projections without any custom coding.
- Risk Management: Risk and financial governance is available and can improve the reliability of system financial management. The tool also unifies risk management and GRC requirements across the whole company.
- Human Resource Management (HRM): This feature can produce a complete employee roster, assist in decision making and provide insight on managing the workforce. These basic needs are met by accessible real-time data visualizations that assist in productive business processes.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Configuring the system for a specific role-based function is complex
- Does not provide any social media tools
- Does not support South-East Asian languages
- Does not comply with local accounting rules/reporting for countries like Israel. A third-party package may be required
Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
The product is offered through a subscription-based licensing model that starts at $999/month for base access along with $99/user/month for additional users. Additional users can be added at any time by purchasing additional access.
The base price does not include fees associated with services such as installation, customization or training. However, the upfront cost for maintenance and upgrades is included in the base price.
The software contract may be renewed annually or over longer durations.
Maintenance is included in the monthly base subscription cost.
NetSuite Support is provided in silver, gold or platinum packages. This support is required for users who purchase licenses directly from the vendor.
Users that license the software via a third-party solution provider will generally rely on their solution provider for ongoing optimization and support needs.
Installation and implementation costs are not included in the base subscription price.
Implementation services are provided through partner/reseller channels, and prices vary based on requested services and on the solution provider that your company uses.
Customization is an additional cost and varies based on the functional requirements or modules added such as financial management, order management, production management, supply chain management and human capital management.
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|
This cost is not included in the base subscription price. Actual price will be dependent on your current software, the amount of data that needs to be migrated, the availability of migration tools, the complexity of the data and the gaps between the existing system and the new system.
This price includes monthly fees based on the number of licensed users, degree of customization, implementation costs, premium support tools and training services.
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Relevant articles for Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Pricing for ERP Software
Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Reviews
The following reviews for Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms such as Capterra, Software Advice, Gartner Peerinsights, PC Mag and G2 Crowd.