What is Oracle E-Business Suite ERP?
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Oracle E-Business Suite ERP
- Customer Relationship Management Oracle E-Business Suite family of Customer Relationship Management applications provides a single, global basis of information that ensures all selling channels are aligned with corporate objectives.
- Service Management Oracle E-Business Suite family of Service Applications provides true information-driven customer service—service that enables your agents and technicians to meet and exceed customer expectations by empowering them with information that is consistent, accurate, and actionable.
- Financial Management Oracle E-Business Suite Financials allow you to work smarter, increase efficiency and reduce back-office costs with standardized processes for shared services, productivity tools, and integrated performance management.
- Human Capital Management Oracle's E-Business Suite Human Capital Management delivers a robust set of best-in-class human resources functionality that enables you to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and lower your cost of ownership.
- Project Portfolio Management The Oracle E-Business Suite family of Oracle Projects applications supports the full lifecycle of project and portfolio management with a single, accurate view of all project-related activities and industry leading functionality allows users to select the best portfolio of initiatives.
- Advanced Procurement Oracle Advanced Procurement is the integrated suite of applications that dramatically cut all supply management costs. Oracle Advanced Procurement reduces spending on goods and services, streamlines procure-to-pay processes, and drives policy compliance.
- Supply Chain Management The Oracle E-Business Suite Supply Chain Management family of applications integrates and automates all key supply chain processes, from design, planning and procurement to manufacturing and fulfillment, providing a complete solution set to enable companies to power information-driven value chains.
- Value Chain Planning Oracle Value Chain Planning is a best-in-class, and complete planning solution built on a common foundation that leverages pre-built integration with both Oracle E-Business Suite, and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
- Value Chain Execution Oracle's Value Chain Execution suite is a comprehensive set of supply chain execution applications that work together to provide Oracle customers with a broad array of logistics capabilities. The VCE suite provides users unprecedented flexibility in how they purchase, design, implement and manage their supply chain solutions.
Typical cost structure for Oracle E-Business Suite:
Term-based licensing model is also available for Oracle E-Business Suite ERP, the On-Premise model
Oracle Managed Cloud Services (OMCS) provides managed services to users running Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud or On-Premise
For both types of deployments, Oracle Support Services – OSS offers Advanced Customer Support to provide an enhanced level of support to Oracle customers
OSS also offers Extended Support to customers with current Software Updates, Licenses and Support for products which can be extended for a further 3 years, past the initial 5 years from the general availability date of the product
Extended Support fees consist of the prior year's fee for Software Updates & Support plus the applicable renewal adjustment, plus an additional fee based on the year. Additional fees are as follows:
OSS offers Sustaining Support which is offered in Year 9. It provides technical support – access to Oracle online and call-center support plus rights to future products for as long as the customer is purchasing support
Oracle offers Incident Server Support Packages to provide incident web-based support for limited product sets such as Oracle Database Server Support Packages, Oracle Database Enterprise Edition, Oracle Application Server Support Packages
|Installation/Implementation Cost||Cost is over and above the upfront cost or the subscription cost|
|Customization Cost||Cost will vary depending on the functional requirements being added as an add-on or modules being added based on business requirements such as Oracle CRM, Oracle Financial, Oracle SCM, Oracle Procurement, Service Management, Oracle Value Chain Planning and Oracle HRMS|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Cost will vary depending on the current software being used, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
|Pricing for Oracle E-Business Suite||What is the cost of the software?||
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||Cloud-based/SaaS|
|Deployment Options||What is the pricing model?||
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||
|Minimum Commitment||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?||Minimum commitment of 1 year is required|
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||No|
Some of the product limitations include:
- Not greatly compatible with Google Chrome. However, it works well with IE and Firefox
- Does not offer robust reporting capabilities as reports are generated in basic ASCI text formats, rather than a spreadsheet or PDF file
- Does not support eCommerce functionality
- Lacks features related to capital and fixed assets management
- Does not help users with lean manufacturing, sampling and change control
QAD Cloud ERP: Starting at $250/user/month
Kenandy Cloud ERP: Starting at $200/user/month
Sage X3 ERP: Starting at $2,600/license
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Oracle E-Business Suite ERP