With System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager, you can manage PCs and servers, keeping software up-to-date, setting configuration and security policies, and monitoring system status while giving your employees access to corporate applications on the devices that they choose.
- Users can install applications from a Company Portal which is consistent across devices and platforms.
- Provides automatic VPN, Wi-Fi profiles, and authentication settings and manages and distributes certificates, giving end users access to company resources.
- Enables you to manage Windows PCs, Macs, and Unix/Linux servers, as well as mobile devices running Windows Phone, iOS, and Android – all through a single infrastructure and administrative console.
- Improves functionality by setting and enforcing configurations, triggering console alerts, providing richer reporting, and utilizing pre-built industry standard baseline templates. IT also gains visibility into at-risk devices through jailbreak and root detection for iOS and Android.
- Integrates desktop security and compliance management to protect against malware through System Center 2012 R2 Endpoint Protection, remediate vulnerabilities, and deploy updates.
- Lowers the number of physical servers and primary and secondary sites and provides scalability enhancements. Uses in-console monitoring to track software distribution and report on infrastructure utilization to help reduce cost and complexity.
- Enables IT to provide applications to people while defining the best delivery mechanism for each application to a device based on the platform being used. Provides the ability to differentiate application installs between corporate and personal devices.
- It Identifies which devices are not up-to-date; delivers and installs the required updates and reports.
- Enables IT to access tools and information based on scope of activity and span of control
- Provides support for PXE-initiated, multi-cast network-based installations, stand-alone media, and pre-staged media deployment.
- Offers an in-console view of client health, threshold-based console alerts, hardware/software inventory and status, and remediation.