What is Symantec Endpoint Encryption?
Symantec Endpoint Encryption, powered by PGP technology provides organizations with strong full-disk and removable media encryption and the ability to integrate with Symantec Data Loss Prevention. Intuitive management enables enterprise scale deployments and features compliance-based, out-of-the-box reporting plus customizable reports. Management capabilities include support for native OS encryption (FileVault2) and Opal compliant self-encrypting drives.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Symantec Endpoint Encryption?
Key differentiators & advantages of Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- User-Friendly – Installation and registration is completely transparent to users, while CPU utilization during initial encryption is minimized to ensure that users can continue being productive while encryption happens in the background.
- Flexible – Support multi-user deployments in both Active Directory and non-Active Directory environments.
- Collaborative – Users can access encrypted data on removable media safely even on systems without Symantec Endpoint Encryption installed.
- Scalable – Scalable management architecture easily adapts to small and large enterprise environments.
- Stronger Protection – Symantec’s market leading Data Loss Prevention (DLP) software integrates with removable media encryption to analyze data before it’s transferred and automatically encrypt sensitive outgoing data.
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Symantec Endpoint Encryption